Here they are
- The best bowling figures in a single test match stands in the name of a former England spinner, Jim Laker, who in a test against arch rivals, the Aussies took 10 wickets in the 1st innings & added another 9 wickets in the 2nd innings to return record figures in a test of 19 wickets for 90 runs.
- Sir Donald Bradman of Australia still holds the record for the most number of runs in a test series of 974 runs against England.
- Hanif Mohammad of Pakistan holds the record for the longest individual innings in a test 970 minutes occupation of the crease against the West Indies.
- The highest individual score on test debut stands in the name of Tip Foster, who made 287 runs.
- Everyone would have heard about the 3 W’s in West Indies cricket history. Weekes, Walcott & Worrell. Clyde Walcott is the only batsman top have scored 5 centuries in a 5 match test series v Australia & also holds another unique record of scoring centuries in both innings in a test twice. Weekes has scored 5 consecutive centuries in 5 consecutive innings of a test.
- West Indian great Sir Garfield Sobers got 365 runs in one innings of a test, & that happens to be the highest maiden test century score in the history of cricket.
- There is one one individual by the name Jimmy Matthews of Australia, who took 2 hat tricks in the same test in both the innings against South Africa.